Legals: Terms & Conditions, Cookies & Privacy
Please note: Last revision 6th July 2020
COVID-19 Notice: Please be aware that we are required to implement specific cleaning and operating protocols to ensure everyone's safety. This will mean some amendments to the details provided in the following Terms & Conditions. For example, the normal arrivals and departure times are likely to be amended to allow for the sanitising of your cottage; and some facilities and activities are being adapted in order to ensure social distancing. We will do our utmost to minimise the impact on what is normally on offer at Bucks Farm, but please be aware that there will be some changes to the day-to-day operations, which we will communicate to you nearer the time of your stay. Thank you for your understanding.
Conditions of Booking Contract
1. Bookings made through our online reservation system will automatically generate a booking summary, emailed to the address provided in your booking form. Please note: the booking remains provisional until subsequently confirmed by us, by email. The booking conract is not effective until we have received and processed your deposit. UK Law will govern the Contract. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking, and the booking form must include the requested details for each of your party.
2. A deposit equivalent to 25% of the full cost of your holiday cottage/s is payable at the time of booking, and you will then receive a booking confirmation and receipt by email.
3. The balance of the monies must be received at least 8 weeks before the date on which the holiday is due to start. If the booking is made within 8 weeks of arrival, then full payment should be made at the time of booking. Failure to comply with this condition may result in the loss of your holiday.
4. Cancellations must be immediately notified to us and confirmed in writing by email. The treatment of a cancellation will depend on a) the date when your booking was made and b) when the cancellation is made.
From 8 weeks prior to the check-in date, you remain responsible for the full rent for the cottage/s booked, and we will be unable to refund the monies paid unless we are able to re-let your dates. If we successfully re-let your dates, we will refund you the full amount paid, less a £50 administration fee per cottage booked. We will refund you at the check-in date of the original booking. We strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss you may incur due to your cancellation.
5. Bucks Farm reserves the right to refuse any booking application, or to refuse or terminate accommodation at their absolute discretion.
6. Circumstances on-site beyond the Owners' control: If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance, due to circumstances beyond our control at our site - for example fire, flood or destruction/damage to the property - then we will at our sole discretion seek to find you comparable accommodation for your dates, or will offer you alternative dates, or we will refund the full amount of your booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for any of the above reasons, you will be relocated/credited/refunded part of the booking fee value based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the Owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
7. You may access your cottage from 15:30hrs on the day of arrival (earlier arrivals are strictly by arrangement only). Please note that departure is by 10:00hrs on your final day. This allows us the necessary time to clean and prepare your cottage/s to the standard we want and that is recognised by our 4 and 5 star Gold accreditations from the AA and Visit England.
The agreement to stay in the property for the booking period does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the booking period.
8. On departure, you are requested to leave the cottage/cottages in a clean and tidy condition. This includes washing up, placing rubbish in bin liners and placing in the outside wheelie bins, ensuring ovens and barbecues are clean and free from grease, etc. Thank you.
9. Number of guests using the property: Under no circumstances should cottages be occupied by more than the number of persons stated in the website unless by prior arrangement with the Owners. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
10. Bucks Farm swimming pool & leisure facilities are for the use of guests staying at the cottages (and club members at specified times). Other family and friends of guests staying in cottages at Bucks Farm may visit and use the pool etc. by prior arrangement with the Owners. They are welcome to use the pool as long as other guests are not inconvenienced. We charge £10 per family for a pool visit.
11. Dogs are welcome in all the cottages, and must be booked in and paid for in advance - for short breaks this is £25 per dog, and for weekly bookings £35 per dog. You must abide by the following rules please:
12. Liability: Bucks Farm and its Owners shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
13. Care of the property. You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, fittings and decorations. You must leave them in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of your rental period as when you arrived. You must not use the property for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to other guests in neighbouring properties or the Owners. Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings on-site.
14. Damages and breakages: You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand, but accidents do happen - we do understand - and we would not charge you for the odd broken plate or glass etc. Please do report any loss or breakages before your departure so that we can organise replacements for the next family arriving. In the case of large breakages we may ask for a contribution for the replacement.
15. Right of Entry: Occasionally we may need access to your cottage to carry out necessary repairs and maintenance, and we shall therefore be allowed reasonable right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for those purposes.
16. And finally, we want all our guests to have a wonderful, relaxing holiday at Bucks Farm. If for any reason this is not the case, and you have a problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We are on-site and will do our best to address any problem.
We are very lucky at Bucks Farm to have many returning guests, and we value your custom. So if you've enjoyed your stay - please tell ALL your friends and family and come back to see us again soon!
Privacy & Cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use the online booking system in the website.
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
If you would like to see a full up-to-date list of all cookies used by our website, you can use the following cookie-checking website http://sitebeam.net/cookielaw/test-your-compliance/ (other cookie-checking websites are available).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
“We” or “us” means Bucks Farm Holiday Cottages, Suffolk.
If you wish to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us (“our site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial information; personal description; dietary requirements; medical conditions; allergies; dependants personal information.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you from third parties such as online travel agents or booking engines. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We also receive information about you from cookies.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information to:
· notify you about changes to our service;
· ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to:
· provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us; and
· provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please leave the relevant box blank situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Information we collect about you.
Examples of how we will use this information includes (but is not limited) to;
· administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
· allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
· keep our services, site and premises safe and secure;
· measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
· our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to allow us to provide services to you, and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the law; and
· anonymously, with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site or business.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
We are a member of Premier Cottages, a professional collective of independent luxury cottage owners. Premier Cottages promotes properties on our behalf as well as other luxury cottages. As members of Premier Cottages we would like to give them your information so that they can contact you about other quality properties that you might like. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
You have the right (subject to certain restrictions) to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to our contact details as listed above:
· Access – to access all the personal data we hold about you;
· Erasure – that we erase all personal data we hold about you, if that data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent;
· Portability – to copy or transfer the personal data we hold about you to another party.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a user of our services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our services.
If you cease to use our services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes shortly after you stop using our services.