Terms & Conditions
Latest revision 16th February 2023
Conditions of Booking Contract
1. Bookings made through our online reservation system will automatically generate a booking summary, emailed to the address provided in your booking form. Please note: the booking remains provisional until subsequently confirmed by us, by email. The booking Contract is not effective until we have received and processed your deposit. UK Law will govern the Contract. The Contract will be subject to these booking conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking, and the booking form must include the requested details for each of your party.
2. A deposit equivalent to 25% of the full cost of your holiday cottage/s is payable at the time of booking, and you will then receive a booking confirmation and receipt by email.
3. The balance of the monies must be received at least 8 weeks before the date on which the holiday is due to start. If the booking is made within 8 weeks of arrival, then full payment should be made at the time of booking. Failure to comply with this condition may result in the loss of your holiday.
4. Cancellations must be immediately notified to us and confirmed in writing by email.
5. Bucks Farm reserves the right to refuse any booking application, or to refuse or terminate accommodation at their absolute discretion.
6. Circumstances on-site beyond the Owners' control: If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance, due to circumstances beyond our control at our site - for example fire, flood or destruction/damage to the property - then we will at our sole discretion seek to find you comparable accommodation for your dates, or will offer you alternative dates, or we will refund the full amount of your booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for any of the above reasons, you will be relocated/credited/refunded part of the booking fee value based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the Owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
Exclusions: We do NOT cover you for your holiday being unavailable due to:
7. You may access your cottage from 16:00hrs on the day of arrival, and depart by 10:00hrs on your final day, unless alternative times are confirmed by prior arrangement only. This allows us the necessary time to clean and prepare your cottage/s to the standard we want and that is recognised by our 4 and 5 star Gold accreditations from the AA and Visit England.
The agreement to stay in the property for the booking period does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the booking period.
8. On departure, you are requested to leave the cottage/cottages in a clean and tidy condition. This includes washing up, placing rubbish in bin liners and placing in the outside wheelie bins, ensuring ovens and barbecues are clean and free from grease, etc. Thank you.
9. Number of guests using the property: Under no circumstances should cottages be occupied by more than the number of persons stated in the website unless by prior arrangement with the Owners. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
10. Bucks Farm swimming pool & facilities are for the use of guests staying at the cottages only (and club members at specified times). Other family and friends visiting guests staying in cottages at Bucks Farm, may visit by prior arrangement with the Owners, but are not allowed to use the pool or other facilities. This ensures that other cottage guests are not inconvenienced.
11. Dogs are welcome in all the cottages, and must be booked in and paid for in advance - for short breaks this is £25 per dog, and for weekly bookings £35 per dog. You must abide by the following rules please:
12. Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging: Charging of Electric Vehicles on-site is permitted only via the 7-pin charging units provided in the main car park, and users must provide and use their own connecting cable. Control of the charging units is via the ‘Fuuse’ App which you can download to your smartphone via the QR code on each unit, where kwh charges are indicated, and where charging is managed directly.
No charging via 3-pin access is permitted on-site due to insurance restrictions. Any damage caused because of actions contravening this instruction will be the liability of the user.
13. Liability: Bucks Farm and its Owners shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
14. Care of the property. You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, fittings and decorations. You must leave them in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of your rental period as when you arrived. You must not use the property for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to other guests in neighbouring properties or the Owners. Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings on-site.
15. Damages and breakages: You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand, but accidents do happen - we do understand - and we would not charge you for the odd broken plate or glass etc. Please do report any loss or breakages before your departure so that we can organise replacements for the next family arriving. In the case of large breakages we may ask for a contribution for the replacement.
16. Right of Entry: Occasionally we may need access to your cottage to carry out necessary repairs and maintenance, and we shall therefore be allowed reasonable right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for those purposes.
17. And finally, we want all our guests to have a wonderful, relaxing holiday at Bucks Farm. If for any reason this is not the case, and you have a problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We are on-site and will do our best to address any problem.
We are very lucky at Bucks Farm to have many returning guests, and we value your custom. So if you've enjoyed your stay - please tell ALL your friends and family and come back to see us again soon!